ICCFA Elects New Officers, Directors
STERLING, Va. – The International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association elected new leadership during its 2017 Annual Convention & Exposition, April 5-8 in Nashville, Tennessee.
ICCFA officers for 2017-2018 are:
- President – Scott R. Sells, CCFE, Service Corporation International, San Jose, California;
- President-Elect – Christine Toson Hentges, CCE, The Tribute Companies Inc., Hartland, Wisconsin;
- Vice President, Education – Mitch Rose, CCFE, CCrE, Woodlawn Cemetery, the Bronx, New York;
- Vice President, Membership & Marketing – Paul Goldstein, Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary, Los Angeles;
- Vice President, Internal Affairs – Andres Aguilar, Los Parques, Guatemala City, Guatemala;
- Vice President, External Affairs – Jay Dodds, CFSP, Signature Group, Houston;
- Treasurer – Gary M. Freytag, CCFE, Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum, Cincinnati; and
- Secretary – Robbie L. Pape, Service Corporation International, Houston.
Members elected to serve three-year terms on the ICCFA Board of Directors are:
Thomas P. Daly, CCE, Cedar Knoll Cemetery, Taunton, Massachusetts;
- Mathew Forastiere, Johnson County Memorial Gardens, Overland Park, Kansas;
- Keenan L. Knopke, CCFE, Curlew Hills Memory Gardens, Palm Harbor, Florida;
- John T. McQueen, CFSP, Anderson McQueen Funeral Homes & Cremation Centers, St. Petersburg, Florida;
- Rick Miller, CCFE, Inglewood Park Cemetery, Inglewood, California;
- Gwen M. Mooney, CCFE, Cave Hill Cemetery, Louisville, Kentucky;
- Blair H. Nelsen, CFuE, CCrE, CFSP, Nelsen Funeral Home, Richmond, Virginia; and
- Stephen L. Schacht, CCFE, Service Corporation International, Seal Beach, California.
Elected to serve a one-year term on the board:
- Stephen E. Bassett, Legacy Funeral Group, San Antonio, Texas.
Past presidents elected to serve a one-year term on the board:
- Ray Frew, CCFE, Green Hills Memorial Park, Rancho Palos Verdes, California;
- Richard T. Sells, CCE, San Diego; and
- William L. “Bill” Wright, CCE, Greenwood Funeral Homes & Cremation, Fort Worth, Texas.
The International Memorialization Supply Association appointment to the board is Jordan Yearsley, Ensure-A-Seal, Brooklyn, New York.
The presidential appointments to represent the ICCFA on the Cemetery Consumer Service Council are:
- Thomas P. Daly, CCE, CHS Consulting Group, Westwood, Massachusetts; and
- Stephen Burrill, CCE, CCrE, Mount Hope Cemetery, Bangor, Maine.
Members of the 2017-2018 executive committee are as follows:
- ICCFA President Scott R. Sells,CCFE, Service Corporation International, San Jose, California;
- ICCFA President-Elect Christine Toson Hentges, CCE, The Tribute Companies Inc., Hartland, Wisconsin;
- ICCFA Immediate Past President Michael R. Uselton, CCFE, Gibraltar Remembrance Services, Palmetto, Florida;
- Arlie T. Davenport, Jr., Greenwood-Mount Olivet, Fort Worth, Texas (president’s appointment);
- Richard T. Sells, CCE, Johnson Consulting Group, San Diego (past president's appointment);
- Jeff Kidwiler, CCE, CSE, Blackstone Memorial, San Clemente, Calfornia (ex-officio);
- David J. Shipper, Futura Group, Buckingham, Pennsylvania, (ex-officio); and
- ICCFA Treasurer Gary M. Freytag, CCFE, Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum, Cincinnati, (ex-officio).
Founded in 1887, the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association is the only international trade association representing all segments of the cemetery, cremation, funeral and memorialization profession. Its membership is composed of more than 9,100 rooftop locations and 20,000 professionals in the cemetery, funeral home and crematory industries, as well as supplier and related businesses worldwide.
Posted May 19, 2017