OGR Announces Nominees for 2017 Exemplary Service Awards
AUSTIN, Texas – The International Order of the Golden Rule has announced this year’s nominees for the Exemplary Service Awards. The member firms are being recognized for the outstanding customer service they provided to families during their time of loss. Each one has been selected based on comments families gave through OGR’s Family Contact Program.
The winners of the Exemplary Service Award will be recognized at OGR’s celebratory luncheon at the Annual Conference & Supplier Showcase in New Orleans April 21.
“We are pleased to acknowledge these firms for their continuous dedication to delivering exemplary service to the families in their communities. It is clear that these members invoke the Golden Rule at their funeral homes by always remembering that families come first,” OGR executive director & CEO Mark Allen said.
Each year the Exemplary Service Award is given to the top three nominees and is based on the feedback OGR receives through the Family Contact Program.
The 2017 Exemplary Service Award nominees are:
Anderson Funeral and Cremation Services, Belvidere, Illinois
- Beyers Funeral Home, Umatilla, Florida
- Brunswick Funeral Home, East Brunswick, New Jersey
- Caldwell & Cowan Funeral Home, Covington, Georgia
- Cassaday-Turkle-Christian Funeral Home, Alliance, Ohio
- Citty Funeral Home, Reidsville, North Carolina
- Cooper Funeral Home, Tecumesh, Oklahoma
- Eells-Leggett-Stauffer Funeral Home, Lisbon, Ohio
- Faulmann & Walsh Golden Rule Funeral Home, Fraser, Michigan
- Freitag Funeral Home, Bridgeton, New Jersey
- George Irvin Green Funeral Home, Munhall, Pennsylvania
- Graham Funeral Home, Chesapeake, Virginia
- Hanson-Neely Funeral Home, Ada, Ohio
- Hardy-Close Funeral Home, Shepherdsville, Kentucky
- Henry Funeral Home, Staunton, Virginia
- J.J. Hartenstein Mortuary, New Freedom, Pennsylvania
- Jakubs and Son Funeral Home, Cleveland, Ohio
- John L. Ziegenhein & Sons Funeral Home, Saint Louis, Missouri
- Johnson-Romito Funeral Homes,Bedford, Ohio
- Leete-Stevens Enfield Chapels, Enfield, Connecticut
- Linnemann Funeral Homes, Erlanger, Kentucky
- Loyless Funeral Home, Land O’Lakes, Florida
- Meyersieck-Bussema Funeral Home, Pigeon, Michigan
- Miller-Ward Funeral Home, Seymour, Connecticut
- Osborne Funeral Home, Williamsport, Maryland
- Schilling Funeral Home, Sterling, Illinois
- Schmidt Funeral Home, West Bend, Wisconsin
- Shaughnessey-Banks Funeral Home, Fairfield, Connecticut
- Vaughan-Guynn-McGrady Chapel Inc., Hillsville, Virginia
- Wenner Funeral Home, Cold Spring, Minnesota
- Weymouth Funeral Home, Newport News, Virginia
The Family Contact Program is an exclusive OGR member benefit. For more information, visit www.ogr.org/family-contact.
Founded in 1928, OGR is affiliated with more than 600 independent funeral homes. For more information, visit www.ogr.org.
Posted Feb. 17, 2017