BROOKFIELD, Wis. – The National Funeral Directors Association will host its second annual Cremation Retreat March 15-16, 2017, at the Emory Conference Center Hotel in Atlanta.
The NFDA Cremation Retreat offers funeral professionals from small- to mid-sized firms an opportunity to explore and reflect on cremation from a variety of perspectives, discern what cremation means to the future of their business, and explore proven strategies to increase the value – and profit – of their businesses.
NFDA has gathered an impressive line-up of cremation experts to lead the retreat:
- Robert Biggins, owner of Magoun-Biggins Funeral Home in Rockland, Massachusetts
- T. Scott Gilligan, legal counsel for NFDA
- Mark Musgrave, co-owner of Musgrove Mortuaries & Cemeteries in Eugene, Oregon
- Mike Nicodemus, vice president of cremation services for NFDA
- Lacy Robinson, NFDA director of member development
- Kurt Soffe, co-owner of Jenkins-Soffe Funeral Homes and Cremation Center in South Jordan, Utah
These experts will share insights on a variety of topics:
- Seizing the cremation opportunity
- Competing with low-cost providers and cremation societies
- Business strategies and financial tools for making cremation profitable
- Cremation ethics and liability issues
- Your guide to cremation arranging
- Training staff to serve families who choose cremation
- Marketing the value of the funeral in a high cremation market
The Cremation Retreat will also feature collaborative roundtable discussions with peers and a panel discussion during which attendees can ask the knowledgeable presenters their most pressing questions. Attendees will be able to kick back and relax – and network with fellow funeral professionals – during the welcome reception the evening of March 14 and during a fun Bowling and Billiards event following dinner March 15.
If they wish, attendees can cap off their Cremation Retreat experience by earning their cremation certification. NFDA will host its Cremation Certification Program at the Emory Conference Center on March 17. Created by funeral directors, for funeral directors, this is a must-have certification for anyone who offers cremation to the families they serve – even if they do not own a crematory. For more information about this program, visit www.nfda.org/cremationcertification.
Complete details about the NFDA Cremation Retreat, including the event schedule, speaker biographies, and information about how to register and make hotel reservations, is available on the NFDA website, www.nfda.org/cremationretreat.
Posted Jan. 10, 2017